Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocolate Crincke Cookies


I found this recipe on Stephanie Nielson's food blog and lets just say I had a hunch they would be tasty.
For anyone in doubt, let me just say this: these are brownies in a cookie's body.

Do this and you will be one happy(ier) human being:

Chocolate Crinckie Cookie Recipe - makes 4doz.
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar

1. In a large bowl combine sugar and oil.  Add cocoa.  Blend well.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add to cocoa mixture, blending well.
3. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.  (I only chilled for 2 and they turned out okay ...)
4. Heat oven to 350F.
5. Shape dough into one inch balls.  Roll in powdered sugar.  Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 to 14mins.
6. Cool on wire rack and enjoy!

p.s. My hand mixer bit the dust just as I finished mixing this batter (I place no blame on the dough).   Though I dream of one day having a beautiful KitchenAid Stand Mixer, I picked up a new KitchenAid Hand Mixer and am excited for the fact it comes with more attachments than my previous one had ... lets just say Dough Hooks and Soup Puree attachment.  Ohhhh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment