Monday, May 31, 2010

Onion-Celariac Root medley

Celeriac Root often goes unnoticed when I'm grocery shopping, but lately it's been featured on the Food Network by Michael Smith.  I'm curious about it.  It's ugly in appearance - just this bulbous, earthy root looking thing.  Once you shave that fibrous skin away, immediately the celery aroma comes wafting up ... it's really a lovely root to work with.  Being a BIT cautious, my first attempt to use this in a dish is something super simple.  The celeriac root joins chopped onions in a pan and is warmed through until soft and golden brown. Add a little salt and pepper and throw in a nice salad and roasted potatoes on the side, and suddenly you have a well-balanced vegetarian meal.  (I'm sure there are people out there who may question this claim, but hey, I'm still learning about how to make a balanced Vegetarian meal).



p.s. My new favourite addition to any salad is GOAT CHEESE.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment