Monday, January 11, 2010

Meal #4




Whew! What a day! I've been pondering what the best way to organize my meals would be, by a weekly basis ... grocery shopping for a million different things to accomodate whatever I decided to make that night on a whim just seemed well ... a bit wasteful.
So I've decided this week will be Asian inspired. Namely, Thai and Vietnamese cuisine.
I spent a good half of my afternoon at T&T at West Edmonton Mall ... may I just say ... What a place!!! I've dipped in here and there at different times, but it usually only involved picking up some pre-made shrimp salad rolls ... they are delish! But today. A completely different experience. I was shopping for produce, for noodles, for sauces, for frozen ... I was all over the place in there and came out fairly successful! Admittedly, there were a few ingredients that didn't make it to my cart, but I hope that won't affect the weeks' meals too much.

On another note ... I have discovered how unfamiliarity with ingredients can affect the cooking time ... what probably should have taken only 30mins ended up taking 2 HOURS! And that only turned out two dishes! Sigh ... one word for you, folks: PRE-shredded green papaya. I think standing there shredding the papaya alone was the major time killer.

But here we are ... it was a fun day exploring the unfamiliar aisles of T&T ... fun to cook up something new for me and my hubby ... and now with a full belly and a satisfying tingle in my fingers (from touching the HOT CHILI PEPPER) ... not to mention tingle on my cheek from my hubby in cat-like bliss snuggling up to me ... I think it's been a successful start to Asian cuisine week.

No comments:

Post a Comment