Sunday, January 17, 2010

Meal #7





This nights meal was FUN to make: Salad Rolls and Braised Veggies.
1. I have never worked with rice paper wrapping and let me just say ... after a few tries, it becomes easy and fun to work with!
You fill a large bowl with hot water, dip the dried rice paper in until it softens. Pat dry and fill it with your ingredients. Sounds simple, right? I guess it is, however, I admit to there being a few "casualties". We still ate them. It was odd ... the recipe didn't include a recipe for dipping sauce. We just used a spicy peanut sauce that also goes great with dipping grilled veggies in.
2. For the Braised Veggies it called for Corn Starch to thicken the sauce. I could not believe how well this worked! I want to use it all the time now!! (Or ... at least more often. It tastes great on the first night but for left overs be prepared to deal with a gelatinous substance before it's heated again. If textures bug you - make only enough for one meal).

No comments:

Post a Comment