Tuesday, January 26, 2010

REBAR!


Hello, hello!

This past week's growing frustration in the kitchen finally made a head and came to a crashing halt when two separate people, both having excellent taste (one being a vegetarian, the other person not - so a well-balanced recommendation, I'd say), guided me to this vegetarian cookbook "Rebar" which stems directly from the kitchen of the actual cafe Rebar based out of Victoria, BC. Check it out here: http://www.rebarmodernfood.com/cookbook.html
I found the cookbook at Chapters (wish I could have flown to Victoria for the weekend to visit this hip joint in person as they do apparently sell the cookbook there too ... imagine having a tasty meal at this funky little bistro then on your way out the door you see their cookbook for sale ... I would be an instant gonner).

So my recipe finding frustrations are over! Thanks Diana and Serena! I will need to have you both over for celebratory tastings ... see if my kitchen concoctions resemble anything you've tasted directly from Rebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment