Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cabbage Noodle Salad with Mango Shrimp Rolls

Tonight's meal was a sort of "kick back" to what was on the menu during my Asian inspired week.
On the menu:

Cabbage Noodle Salad, and


Mango Shrimp Rolls

The Cabbage Noodle Salad was a hit with my life partner who happens to double as my culinary guinea pig. When his palate is pleased, I feel confident in sharing the recipe with whoever may happen upon this blog and who may be looking for a recipe to try.
This one I would suggest making for a pot luck contribution ... it makes a LOT, is pretty quick to make, and is tasty and unique without being overly exotic.


Cabbage Noodle Salad (serves 6)
Dressing:
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar (I just used 1 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Salad:
1 small head of red or green cabbage, chopped
2 green onions, chopped (I didn't have any on hand so used a small amount of finely chopped white onion)
1 carrot, grated (I used 2)
1 pkg raman noodles, crushed

1. Make dressing by combining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Combine the first three salad ingredients, toss well. Add crushed ramen noodles and dressing to salad and toss again.
3. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment