Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vi's for Pies and The Duchess

Today I met my friend, Diana, at Vi's for Pies and had a lovely afternoon of yummy food and great conversation.
This is what I had as we discussed the books we are currently reading (Sense and Sensibility for Diana, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for myself):


Vegetable Bunwhich with dill dressing. Diana had a fabulous looking Shepherd's Pie, which I wasn't stealthy enough to capture.

We then moved our party of two to one of Edmonton's finest bakeries, The Duchess. This place is incredible. Like walking into what I imagine a pastry shop in Paris to look like.
This is what we shared for dessert:

Chocolate Eclaire, Fruit Tart (with the best crust ever to grace these lips), and sweet little macaroons - lemon and strawberry.

Does it look as divine as it tasted?
For more on The Duchess, go here:
http://duchessbakeshop.com/wp/

No comments:

Post a Comment